If you're interested in having custom work done, the general process is as follows:
INITIAL PHONE CONSULTATION
- Discuss basic needs
- Time frame of project and start time compared with current scheduling
- General price range usually possible depending on the scope of the project or piece
- If all is agreeable, schedule meeting to discuss work in greater detail.
- Sketches (rough or simple is fine) and/or images related to the intended project are very helpful at this stage
- Different material options explored, samples viewed, time frames discussed
- Once the ideas have been refined, a design fee is set (approx. 8% of estimated cost) and paid.
BDJ provides scale drawing of design ideas along with total job cost for each as well as projected finish date.
If all is deemed well, a deposit is paid, either to hold a spot on the schedule or to begin work. The deposit is typically 60% of job cost, with a second draw of 20% at some point prior to the finish phase, and the final 20% due upon delivery and or installation.